The DSV qualification provides you with an understanding of all types of engagement and interactions between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers and partners, including key CX, UX and journey mapping concepts.
The ITIL® 4 DSV qualification is one of the pre-requisites for the designation of ITIL® 4 Managing Professional which assesses the candidate’s practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful, modern IT-enabled services, teams and workflows.
This is an intensive three-day course that prepares you for the Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV) examination. You need to ensure that you can satisfy the technical requirements that can be found on our website here.
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
- ITSM practitioners who are responsible for managing and integrating stakeholders, focus on the customer journey and experience, and/or are responsible for fostering relationships with partners and suppliers
- Existing ITIL® qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge
There are two formal prerequisites in order to sit the exam. You must have passed the ITIL® 4 Foundation examination and you must attend an accredited training course.
There are two formal prerequisites in order to sit the exam.
- You must have passed the ITIL® 4 Foundation examination; and
- You must attend an accredited training course.
There is mandatory pre-course work that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. You will be sent full instructions prior to the event. In addition, whilst attending the course there will also be some exam preparation evening work.
Exams are taken online via remote proctor. You will be sent an email invitation approximately two weeks prior to course commencement to register on the Peoplecert portal. Once registered you will be able to book your online exam at a date and time of your choice. You are responsible for booking your own exam. For more information about how to take your exam and the technical requirements, please click here
- 90-minute duration
- Closed book
- 40 questions
- Pass mark is 70% or higher – a raw score of 28 marks or above
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand how customer journeys are designed
- Know how to target markets and stakeholders
- Know how to foster stakeholder relationships
- Know how to shape demand and define service offerings
- Know how to align expectations and agree details of services
- Know how to onboard and offboard customers and users
- Know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning)
- Know how to realize and validate service value