PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a structured project management method and one of the world’s most widely used method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. It gives you a set of processes to work through and explains what information you should be gathering along the way. Our fully accredited PRINCE2® Foundation virtual course introduces you to PRINCE2®, and helps prepare you for the Foundation examination which assesses whether you can demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the PRINCE2® project management method. This course fully conforms to the PRINCE2® 6th Edition syllabus.
This is an intensive three-day course that prepares you for the PRINCE2® Foundation examination.
There are no pre-requisites for taking this course.
All PRINCE2® Foundation courses on this page are offered by ILX Group an ATO of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This course would benefit:
- Project managers and aspiring project managers
- Other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project board members (e.g. senior responsible owners)
- Team managers (e.g. product delivery managers)
- Project assurance (e.g. business change analysts)
- Project support (e.g. project and programme office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff
There is no formal requirement for attending this course, although it would be beneficial to the delegates to have some understanding of project management.
This is an intensive course that requires you to complete mandatory online pre-course study, which is designed to take approximately two to three hours to complete. Full instructions with a link to the online pre-course will be issued within 48 hours of your confirmed booking.
You will also be required to complete some evening work during the virtual classroom event.
Exams are taken online via remote proctor. You will be sent an email invitation approximately two weeks prior to course commencement to register on the Peoplecert portal. Once registered you will be able to book your online exam at a date and time of your choice. You are responsible for booking your own exam. For more information about how to take your exam and the technical requirements, please click here.
The format of the Foundation exam is as follows:
- 60 minute exam duration
- 60 questions
- Closed book
- 33/60 required to pass = 55% pass mark
Upon completion of the PRINCE2® Foundation virtual course you should be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2®
- Understand how the PRINCE2® principles underpin the PRINCE2® method
- Understand the PRINCE2® themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- Understand the PRINCE2® processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
Syllabus – Key points
This course follows the 6th Edition syllabus and includes the following modules:
- What is a project?
- Structure of PRINCE2®
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Business case
- Initiating a project
- Managing a stage boundary
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project