ITIL® 4 Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) module focuses on the importance and challenges of creating an appropriate digital strategy to enable the success of businesses and how it can be integrated to the IT strategy and aligned with the wider organization’s goals. Our accredited ITIL® 4 Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) virtual course helps prepare you for the DITS examination. The examinations assess whether you can demonstrate the understanding and application of the concepts, methods and principles of DITS as well as information from the related practices.
The ITIL® 4 DITS qualification is one of the pre-requisite modules for the designation of ITIL® 4 Strategic Leader
This is a three day virtual classroom course.
This course is for IT leaders and aspiring leaders to help them build and implement effective IT and digital strategy that can tackle digital disruption and drive success.
- You must complete accredited training.
- You must hold the ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification. If you have completed the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition module, this will also be accepted as a prerequisite.
- You must supply evidence confirming a minimum of three years of IT managerial experience
There is mandatory pre-course work that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. You will be sent full instructions prior to the event. In addition, whilst attending the course there will also be some exam preparation evening work.
The ITIL® 4 Strategic Leader: Digital & IT Strategy, consists of a two-phased assessment approach:
- Practical assessments: You will be prompted throughout different phases of your course to complete assessments for review by an SME.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): Upon completion of the course and passing the practical assignments you will undertake an exam. The exam is taken online via remote proctor in the following format:
- 60-minute duration
- 70% pass mark (21/30)
- Closed book
The multiple-choice exam is taken online via remote proctor. You will be sent an email invitation approximately two weeks prior to course commencement to register on the Peoplecert portal. Once registered you will be able to book your online exam at a date and time of your choice.
Note: You are responsible for booking your own multiple-choice exam and you must have passed all the assessments prior to taking the multiple-choice exam.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Demonstrate the use of the ITIL® guiding principles in Digital and IT Strategy decisions and activities.
- Understand how to leverage digital strategy to react to digital disruption.
- Understand the relationship between the concepts of Digital and IT Strategy, the service value system and the service value chain, and explain how to utilize them to create value.
- Understand how an organization uses Digital and IT Strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology.
- Understand strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer / market relevance and operational excellence.
- Understand the risks and opportunities of Digital and IT Strategy.
- Understand the steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a Digital and IT Strategy.
- Understand how to implement a Digital and IT Strategy.