Deep Learning on AWS is a one-day course that introduces you to cloud-based Deep Learning (DL) solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The training will detail how deep learning is useful and explain its different concepts. This course also teaches you how to run your models on the cloud using Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)-based Deep Learning Amazon Machine Image (AMI) and MXNet framework. In addition, you will gain a better understanding of deploying your deep learning models using AWS services like AWS Lambda and Amazon EC2 Container Service (Amazon ECS) while designing intelligent systems on AWS, based on Deep Learning.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at:
- Developers responsible for developing Deep Learning applications
- Developers who want to understand concepts behind Deep Learning and how to implement a Deep Learning solution on AWS
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Basic understanding of machine learning processes
- Basic understanding of AWS core services like Amazon EC2 and knowledge of AWS SDK
- Basic knowledge of a scripting language e.g. Python
There is no exam for the course.
This course teaches you how to:
- Define machine learning and deep learning.
- Identify the concepts in a deep learning ecosystem.
- Leverage Amazon SageMaker and MXNet programming framework for deep learning workloads
- Fit AWS solutions for deep learning deployments.
Syllabus – Key points
The course syllabus and content covers:
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Lab 1: Setting up a Deep Learning AMI instance and running a multi-layer perceptron neural network model
- Introduction to MXNet on AWS
- Lab 2: Running a Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) model to predicting images using CIFAR 10 dataset
- Deploying Smart Applications on AWS
- Lab 3: Deploying a Deep Learning model for predicting images using AWS Lambda