The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager course extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at Foundation Level to enable the role of Test Manager to be performed.
This five-day tutor-led course includes lectures, exercises and practical work, as well as exam preparation. The examination is held at an agreed later date, so allowing adequate time for revision. It is fully-accredited by UKTB on behalf of ISTQB and has been rated SFIAplus level 5 by the BCS.
After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, delegates should be able to:
- Define the overall testing goals and strategy for the systems being tested
- Plan, schedule and track the tasks
- Describe and organize the necessary activities
- Select, acquire and assign the adequate resources to the tasks
- Select, organize and lead testing teams
- Organize the communication between the members of the testing teams, and between the testing teams and all the other stakeholders
- Justify the decisions and provide adequate reporting information where applicable
Who is it for?
The ISTQB Certified Test Manager Advanced Level is principally aimed at test practitioners who are expecting to be actively involved in the management of any aspect of software testing, and who want to increase their test management knowledge and skills beyond the levels covered by the Foundation and Intermediate qualifications. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. This Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts and management consultants.
The objectives for the Certified Tester Advanced Level qualification are:
- gain recognition for testing as an essential and professional software engineering specialization;
- provide a standard framework for the development of testers' careers;
- enable professionally qualified testers to be recognized by employers, customers and peers, and to raise the profile of testers and testing;
- promote consistent and good testing practices within all software engineering disciplines;
- identify testing topics that are relevant and of value to industry;
- enable software suppliers to hire certified testers and thereby gain commercial advantage over their competitors by advertising their tester recruitment policy;
- provide an opportunity for testers and those with an interest in testing to acquire an internationally recognized qualification in the subject.
The entry requirements for the Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager qualification are that the candidate must hold the ISTQB Foundation certificate and it is also suggested that candidates have a minimum of 3 years testing experience.
Note that it is recommended that you attend an accredited training course run by an accredited training provider, as the overall exam pass rates are notably higher for candidates attending such courses.
- Basic Aspects of Software Testing
- Testing Processes
- Test Management
- Incident Management
- Standards & Test Process Improvement
- Test Tools & Automation
- People Skills - Team Composition