A certified iSQI CMAP Tester should work effectively within a mobile application team and environment. This intensive and enjoyable two-day tutor-led course includes lectures, exercises and practical work with a high proportion of hands-on practical team-based activities to allow candidates to get a true feel for how mobile application projects work in the real world. This course has been rated at SFIAplus level 3. The exam is taken with TSG Training after the course.
After successfully completing the course, delegates should be able to:
- Adapt existing process and knowledge to enable testing of mobile applications;
- Support the requirements team and business analysts throughout the process of reviewing mobile application specification and development;
- Improve end-user experience with a strong understanding of usability
- Identify and apply appropriate methods of testing, including proper use of tools that are unique to the mobile application world and its technology
- Work with and share information with other team members.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at professionals in the area of software quality and software testing, preferably at the level of ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level or with 2 years of experience in software testing, including: Testers and test analysts with experience in traditional software development life cycles; Test designers and test managers; Developers working on mobile application projects who want to grow their testing skills. This course is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of the options for integrating testing into the mobile application development. This includes testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, project managers, scrum masters, business analysts and software developers.
It is recommended that participants hold an ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing (CTFL) certificate or has equivalent knowledge. This course assumes that all attendees are familiar with basic concepts of testing and industry terms outlined by the ISTQB® Foundation syllabus.
The CMAP Foundation Level Mobile App Tester course covers the following topics:
- Introduction: The world of mobile apps
- Business models in the mobile space
- Mobile application architecture
- Challenges of mobile application testing
- The differences between mobile and conventional application testing
- Emulators and simulators
- Mobile testing types
- Mobile application test process and strategy
- Test design techniques used for mobile testing
- Experience based testing techniques
- Automation approaches, solutions and processes
- Exploring automation test tools
- Test environment and test lab
This course is presented by highly-experienced tutors using a mix of slides and discussions interspersed with hands-on practical exercises. Each candidate is provided with all slides plus a separate course manual that covers every Learning Objective in detail and practice questions to allow candidates to measure their understanding. Candidates are also prepared for the exam with sample papers.
An exam consisting of 40 multiple choice questions is sat over an hour at the end of the course and (25% extra time is available for non-native speakers or those who primary business language is not English). Delegates are awarded a pass if they answer 65% of the questions correctly.
The CMAP Foundation Level Mobile App Tester course establishes a platform from which further more specialist skills and knowledge may be acquired. Holders of a CMAP Foundation Level Mobile App Tester certificate can continue on to higher level software testing qualifications, such as: • iSQI® CMAP Mobile App Test Automation • iSQI® CMAP Mobile App Load & Performance Testing* • iSQI® CMAP Mobile App Security Testing* • iSQI® CMAP Mobile App Development* * Late 2015.
How to buy
- Call TSG Training 08000 199337 •
- Visit our website at: www.tsg-training.co.uk
- Call your preferred training provider
Who are iSQI?
The International Software Quality Institute was established to help bring rigour and extended discipline to the field of software engineering. Founded in 1993, iSQI is a major exam provider to ISTQB, The British Computer Society, Pearson Vue and others. People taking courses with TSG have been gained certified qualifications through our own materials and iSQI as the exam provider.