TMMi Professional is a certification that is open to all with an interest in the TMMi Model.
TMMi Professionals are individuals who have proved their understanding of the TMMi model and its application to a standard set by the TMMi Foundation and defined in a TMMi Professional syllabus. To illustrate this, candidates must pass a formal exam administered by the only accredited independent exam body International Software Quality Institute (ISQI), who operate worldwide.
The course includes exercises and practice exams to highlight key aspects of the syllabus and to help participants understand and practice the concepts and methods presented. The exam is held on the last day of the course in the afternoon.
Who will benefit?
The TMMi Professional qualification is aimed at anyone involved in using the TMMi model. This includes people in roles such as testers, test leaders, test managers, test process improvers, test consultants, TMMi Assessors or Lead Assessors, business stakeholders, and members of a Test Process Group. This TMMi Professional qualification is appropriate for anyone who wants a basic understanding of the TMMi model. Holders of the TMMi Professional Certificate will be able to demonstrate a level of knowledge required as a prerequisite to becoming an accredited TMMi Assessment Method (TAM) Assessor or Lead Assessor.
There are no prerequisites.
There are no mandated pre-requisites for this course; although some good experience of testing would certainly help you to get the most from your 2-days.
The TMMi Professional exam comprises 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 60 minutes. Participants that take the exam not in their spoken language, will receive additional 25% more time (an additional 15 minutes) so a total of 75 minutes.
The exam is scheduled for the last afternoon of the course but may also be taken on a later date at a Pearson Vue centre of your choice.
The objective of this course it to teach:
• Detailed understanding of the TMMi model and its origins;
• Detailed understanding of the TMMi process areas;
• Understanding of the different assessment approaches;
• Information enabling you to explain the importance of test process improvement to management
• Understanding of the model to provide guidance and advice on a project when using TMMi as a basis for test process improvement
• Awareness of the relationship to CMMI
• To provide you with the skills to act as a co-assessor on informal assessments
• Detailed understanding of the process improvement model IDEAL
• Prepare you for the TMMi Professional exam
At the end of the course, Certified TMMi Professionals should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
• Explain to management the business importance of test process improvement;
• Guide and advise an organization or projects when using the TMMi model as a basis for their test process improvement;
• Provide support in the interpretation and understanding of the TMMi model, including the relationship of TMMi to the CMMI model;
• Act as a co-assessor in informal TMMi assessments;
• Participate in programs for improving the test process within an organization or project;
• Identify critical success factors for improvement programmes.
Course Content & Structure
There are 7-key learning points in the TMMi Professional course:
• The context of test improvement;
• Introduction to the TMMi Model;
• TMMi maturity levels;
• Structure of TMMi;
• The TMMi model;
• TMMi assessments;
• Implementing TMMi.
The TMMi set of qualifications