Online ISTQB Agile Foundation Extension
About the Course
The Agile Testing Foundation course extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at Foundation Level and covers those topics which are considered to be essential knowledge for a test professional working on agile projects.
This course has been rated at SFIAplus level 4.
After successfully completing the course, delegates should be able to:
- understand the basis of the agile approach
- combine test activities to create the test process for an agile project
- understand and contribute to those activities that are characteristic of agile projects
- participate in release and iteration planning on an agile project
- organize and perform testing on agile projects
- suggest improvements to both the development and testing on an ongoing agile project
- understand the complexities that are inherent in larger agile projects
Who is it for?
The Agile Testing Foundation course is suitable for those who are, or expect to be, working on agile projects. It is aimed at those who seek a practical application of the core software testing material covered at ISTQB Foundation level to agile projects.
This course is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of agile development that specifically contains coverage of the options for including software testing as an integrated part of the agile development approach. This includes Scrum Masters, project managers, release managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts and management consultants.
The recommended entry criteria for candidates taking the Agile Testing Foundation course are as follows:
- Have 18 months’ experience in software testing
- Holds ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing certificate
To qualify as an internationally-recognized Certified Foundation Agile Extension Level Tester and be issued with an ISTQB® Agile Foundation Extension Level Certificate, delegates must successfully pass the exam administered by the relevant National Board or Examination Provider.
- The examination consists of a one-hour exam with 40 multiple choice questions.
- It will be a 'closed book' examination i.e. no notes or books will be allowed into the examination room.
- Duration of 60 minutes (or 75 minutes for candidates taking examinations that are not in their native language). The pass mark is 65% (26 out of 40).
Syllabus - Key points
- The Agile Manifesto
- The Agile Principles
- Agile Approaches
- Agile Teams
- Continuous customer involvement
- Scrum Activities
- Definition of Done
- Testing in the agile project
- Project Initialization
- User Stories
- Agile Task board
- Daily Stand-Up (Scrum) Meeting
- Code-first & test-driven development
- Continuous Integration, Automated Builds, and Automated Tests
- Technical Debt
The Agile Testing Foundation course establishes a platform from which further more specialist skills and knowledge may be acquired.
- iSQI® Certified Agile Tester (CAT)
- BCS Intermediate
- ISTQB Advanced courses