Description iSQI Professional Testing Processes
About the Course
This Professional Testing Processes course provides participants with an excellent introduction and understanding of testing by using relevant exercises and examples to reinforce skills and knowledge. You will learn practical and flexible techniques for testing software that are applicable at any level of testing. Someone taking this course will have the grounding to work in a professional test team.
The course includes full instructions and provides the right theoretical and practical lessons that are aligned to the learning objectives of the syllabus and real-world activity. As you progress through the course your learning levels are checked through a series of questions. Once you start the course you will have 6-months to complete it. It has been rated SFIAplus level 2/3.
After successfully completing the course, you should be able to:
- Learn practical and flexible risk-based testing techniques
- Define and implement a professional approach to testing for small and large projects
- Reduce software defects by integrating testing into the development process
- Design testware that finds errors faster and with less effort
- Improve your software testing practice
Who is it for?
This entry level course is aimed at:
- Testers wanting to formalise and improve their testing techniques.
- Prospective testers wanting to gain hands-on testing skills to leverage in their new career.
- Anyone involved in software projects wanting to gain a good understanding of best practice testing processes.
People taking this course who want to develop their skills further may wish to consider:
- iSQI® CMAP Mobile App Tester
- ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing
- iSQI User Acceptance Testing;
- Introduction to Test Automation;
- Introduction to Performance Testing
Who are iSQI?
The International Software Quality Institute was established to help bring rigour and extended discipline to the field of software engineering. Founded in 1993, iSQI is a major exam provider to ISTQB, The British Computer Society, Pearson Vue and others. People taking courses with TSG have been gained certified qualifications through our own materials and iSQI as the exam provider.
There are no entry requirements for this course
There is not currently an exam for this course
Syllabus – Key points
The CMAP Foundation Level Mobile App Tester course covers the following topics:
- Testing fundamentals
- System documentation & reviews
- Test analysis
- Test design
- Test scheduling
- Test execution & evaluation
- Incident management
- Test metrics
- Tool support
This course has been written by highly-experienced tutors using a mix of slides and discussions interspersed with hands-on practical exercises.