ITIL Intermediate Certificate - Planning, Protection and Optimisation
About the course
This 4½ -day course leads to the ITIL® Certificate – Planning, Protection and Optimisation (PPO). This is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for individuals who require a deep understanding of Planning, Protection and Optimisation processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation.
It is particularly suitable for: Operational staff involved in:
- Service Portfolio Management;
- Service Catalogue Management;
- Service Level Management;
- Demand Management;
- Supplier Management;
- Financial Management
- Business Relationship Management
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must
already hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the
V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate). Candidates should
bring their certificate(s) with them to complete the registration process on the
first day of the course.
The course will consist of formal lecturing, group discussions, in-course
assignments, and a practice examination paper. There will be detailed learning
activities with evening assignments and the examination (90 minutes) will be
held on day five.
- Service design in PPO and lifecycle context
- Processes across the service lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within planning, protection and optimization
- Capacity management as a capability to realize successful service design
- Availability management as a capability to realize successful service design
- IT service continuity management as a capability to support overall business continuity management
- Information security management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Planning, protection and optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Organizational roles relevant to PPO
And specifically in the following key ITIL® process and role areas:-
- Capacity management
- Availability management
- IT service continuity management
- Information security management
- Demand management
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks for planning, protection and optimization
ITIL-OSA – Operational Support and Analysis
ITIL-RCV - Release, Control and Validation
ITIL-SOA – Service Offerings & Agreements
ITIL-MAL – Managing across the Lifecycle.
ITIL-PRAC – ITIL Practitioner