The delegate will learn how to construct and style a simple web site, and add dynamic and interactive
behaviour to their web pages. Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Building simple web pages
- Marking up document content
- Adding links and images
- Creating tables and forms
- Laying out page content
- Styling HTML elements
- Separating style from content
- Building responsive web pages
- Declaring and initialising variables
- Constructing expressions
- Constructing conditional and iterative statements
- Declaring and invoking functions
- Creating and manipulating objects
- Creating and manipulating arrays
- Handling errors and debugging
- Navigating and manipulating the DOM
- Writing and assigning event handlers
- Using the DOM to obtain and store useful information
- Obtaining data from the server asynchronously
Who will the course benefit?
There is no exam requirement for this course.