About the Course
Course Duration: 3 days
Exam Fees Included
Price From: £1015
The three-day Service Desk Analyst course is focused on equipping support analysts with the skills essential to deliver excellent levels of customer service and support. The course also looks at support methodologies and technologies and the tools utilised within the Service Desk. It reviews issues such as Service Level Agreements, the benefits and pitfalls and the importance of metrics; the implementation of service management processes and effective problem solving techniques that a Service Desk Analyst can utilise. It is based upon the standards and objectives for SDI’s Service Desk & Support Analyst qualification and ensures that students are provided with the knowledge, information and tools to take the SDI-A exam.
The SDI Service Desk Analyst course would suit candidates working in the following professions or areas:
· Support Analysts
· Service Desk Analysts
· First-line Analysts
· Second-line Analysts
· Client Supports
· Desktop Support Analysts
· Customer Support Officers
· Technical Support Analysts
The course consists of short lectures, exercises, discussions, examination technique, mock examinations and culminates in the invigilated examination.
Aimed at service desk and support analysts with at least 9 months experience in an IT service and support environment. Training and certification provides essential development and a recognized certification.
· Multiple choice
· 60 questions per paper
· 45 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) – 75%
· 60 minutes duration
· Closed book.
The Service Desk Analyst course recognises an individual’s knowledge of customer service competencies and certifies that they have the skills required to work in the support industry. An individual passing an SDI exam indicates that they understand the role of the service desk professional and the associated best practice for communications, customer service, teamwork, ethics, service desk processes, and terminology usage. The high-level objectives are:
· A thorough grounding in skills, competencies and knowledge required for a professional and effective Service Desk analyst
· Essential skills and competencies to deliver an efficient and effective support environment
· Practical knowledge of how to use these skills to deal effectively with a variety of situations
· A clear understanding of how to identify customer needs and motivations, practical problem solving techniques and how to handle difficult situations
· The importance of teamwork in the support environment
· An understanding of Service Desk metrics, Service Level Agreements, customer satisfaction surveys, and the latest service desk tools and technologies