Ruby is a high level Interpreted, Object Oriented, rapid development language deployed in many scenarios in the modern world. This Ruby on Rails course is designed to give delegates the knowledge to develop / maintain Ruby scripts and Rails based projects.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Declare variables and initialise them
- Construct expressions with arithmetic, logical and relational operators
- Use iterative type statements
- Use conditional statements
- Read/write files
- Manipulate text using regular expression
- Use and create Ruby Objects
- Use built-in library functions
- Work with REST and describe the purpose of REST and the Rails MVC architecture
- Use RAILS and describe the purpose of Rails Routes
- Create a project using Ruby and Rails
- Create and customise a Rails Application using scaffold and the SQLite3 database
Who will the course benefit?
Programmers who need to write & maintain scripts in Ruby and projects based on Ruby on Rails.
Familiarisation with programming concepts is useful. This knowledge can be obtained by attendance on the Introduction to Programming course.
- Apache Web Server
- Introduction to MySQL
- Perl Programming
- PHP Programming
- PHP & MySQL for Web Development
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
There is no exam requirement for this course.
Knowledge of Ruby to write, modify, maintain and understand Ruby and Ruby on Rails.