This course would benefit:
- SROs/programme directors and managers
- Portfolio/programme/project office managers
- Project or programme office support staff and project managers
In order to sit the P3O® Practitioner examination you must have passed the P3O® Foundation examination.
There is mandatory online pre-course work that must be completed prior to attending this course. You will be sent full instructions with a link to the online pre-course within 48 hours of your confirmed booking.
In addition, you will also be required to complete some evening work during the virtual classroom event.
Exams are taken online via remote proctor. You will be sent an email invitation approximately two weeks prior to course commencement to register on the Peoplecert portal. Once registered you will be able to book your online exam at a date and time of your choice. You are responsible for booking your own exam.
- Four questions of 20 marks each – 80 marks in total
- 150 minutes’ duration
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- Open book – (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices: P3O® guide only)
By the end of the Practitioner level you should exhibit all the competences required for the Foundation qualification and to show that you could apply the P3O® guidance to the design, implementation and management of a P3O® model. Specifically you will need to demonstrate your ability to:
- Develop the business case required to obtain senior management approval for the P3O®
- Identify and build the most appropriate P3O® model, which will adapt to the organization’s needs, taking account of the organization’s size and portfolio, programme and project management maturity
- Identify the most appropriate roles required to populate a specified P3O® structure
- Plan the implementation of a P3O®
- Choose and use appropriate tools and techniques while running the P3O® and advising those who shape the portfolio of programmes and projects
The course includes but is not limited to:
- Preparing for the P3O® Practitioner examination’ providing sample Practitioner examination papers and marking guidelines
- A review of the P3O® guidance, consolidating understanding and addressing any areas of concern
- Syndicate and individual scenario based exercises, designed to focus candidates on the application of P3O® using case studies