This is an intensive three-day virtual course. This Foundation training will allow participants to understand the principles, practices, techniques, roles, responsibilities, documents and organisational context within which portfolio management operates. The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a portfolio office or in a range of portfolio management roles.
This is an intensive three-day course that prepares you for the MoP® Foundation examination. The training is conducted via a virtual training environment. You need to ensure that you can satisfy the technical requirements that can be found on our website here.
This qualification is aimed at those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realization. It is relevant to all those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives including:
- Members of Management Boards and Directors of Change
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)
- Portfolio, programme, project, business change and benefits managers;
- Business case writers
- Project appraisers
There is mandatory online pre-course work that must be completed prior to attending this course. You will be sent full instructions with a link to the online pre-course within 48 hours of your confirmed booking.
In addition, you will also be required to complete some evening work during the virtual classroom event.
Exams are taken online via remote proctor. You will be sent an email invitation approximately two weeks prior to course commencement to register on the Peoplecert portal. Once registered you will be able to book your online exam at a date and time of your choice. You are responsible for booking your own exam. For more information about how to take your exam and the technical requirements, please click here.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
The Foundation level qualification measures understanding of the principles, cycles, practices, techniques, roles, responsibilities, documents and organizational context within which portfolio management operates. Specifically by the end of the course you should know and understand the:
- scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from programme and project management
- benefits from applying portfolio management
- context within which it operates
- principles upon which successful portfolio management is based
- approaches to implementation, the factors to consider in maintaining progress, and how to assess the success of portfolio management
- purposes of the portfolio management definition and delivery cycles and their component practices, and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents
- scope of key portfolio management roles
This is an intensive three-day virtual course, that includes the following:
- All accompanying course material (digital)
- Online pre-course
- The official MoP® manual (digital)
- The cost of the MoP® Foundation examination (valid for 12 months from purchase date. Exam must be taken online via remote proctor)
- The official MoP® manual (hardcopy)