This Linux Operating System training course introduces the delegate to the main concepts of the LINUX Operating System. The most commonly used commands and utilities are described in detail as are the command line wildcard and redirection facilities.
The course discusses the mechanisms by which a user acquires a login environment and the main features of the Bash shell are introduced.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Creating, copying, renaming, moving and deleting files and directories
- Using the shell’s redirection and pipe facilities
- Editing text files using the vi editor
- Setting and changing access permissions on files
- Monitoring and controlling their own processes
- Using the basic file and text searching utilities, including regular expressions (regex)
- Customising their own login environment
Who will the Course Benefit?
Anyone who needs to understand and use the LINUX Operating System.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this Linux Introduction training course, although an understanding of and exposure to information technology and an understanding of operating systems is required.
This course, together with the Linux Shell Programming course, helps delegates prepare for the following exam:
- Linux Essentials (LPI, exam 010-160)
This course, together with the Linux Shell Programming and Linux System Administration (LPI & CompTIA) courses, helps delegates prepare for the following exams:
- Linux Administrator (LPIC-1, exams LPI 101-500 and LPI 102-500)
- CompTIA Linux+ (exams LX0-103, LX0-104 and XKO-004)
Attending this course will help delegates gain many of the skills and product knowledge requirements as outlined in the exams objectives. Studying these courses and their associated reference materials can form part of the preparation to achieve certification. Experience, practice, self-study and aptitude are also key requirements for exam success.
Before taking any exam, ensure you have the recommended experience. The LPI and CompTIA websites lists all exam requirements and these are updated regularly.
Exams are not included as part of the course.
To provide the skills needed to work productively in the LINUX environment.