The Software Testing Foundation e-learning course as been designed to prepare delegates for the Certified Tester Foundation Level examination. This Foundation level qualification is appropriate for anyone who wants more than a basic understanding of the concepts of software testing and takes approximately 21 hours to complete.
- 12 months online access to our accredited Software Testing Foundation course
- Software Testing Foundation exam (formally known as the Certified Tester Foundation Level examination): valid for 12 months from purchase date.
- Software Testing Foundation exam simulator
This online learning takes approximately 21 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements however, you should have a basic working IT knowledge.
The objectives for the Certified Tester Foundation Level qualification are to:
- prepare candidates for the Foundation Certificate in Software Testing based on the ISTQB syllabus
- improve understanding of software testing – its purpose and nature – and to raise awareness of issues and constraints around testing
- learn standard terminology
- introduce test techniques (static, white & black box) to delegates as well as providing practical experience of key techniques
- provide a complete picture of the test processes from requirements review to system implementation
- provide delegates with an environment that supports their learning and impart them with the necessary confidence and means to support their future career as a test professional
Syllabus – Key points
Module 1 – The introduction
Module 2 – The fundamentals of testing
Module 3 – Testing through the life cycle
Module 4 – Static testing
Module 5 – Test techniques
Module 6 – Test management
Module 7 – Tool support for testing