About the Course
Course Duration: In Your Own Time – 3 months access
Price From: £795
The ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst course extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at Foundation Level to enable the role of Technical Test Analyst to be performed.
This course is for 3 months duration and has been rated SFIAplus level 5 by the BCS.
After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, delegates should be able to:
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Create test plans which detail the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on code coverage and design coverage.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Recognize risks in code and software architecture and create test plan elements to mitigate those risks through dynamic analysis.
- Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
Who is it for?
The ISTQB Certified Technical Test Analyst Advanced Level is principally aimed at test practitioners who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and are expecting to be actively involved in the technical aspects of software testing, including test automation, non-functional testing, white-box testing, and who want to increase their knowledge and skills beyond the levels covered by the Foundation and Intermediate qualifications. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. This Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts and management consultants.
About ISTQB and the ‘Certified Tester’ Scheme
Founded in 2002, ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) is a not-for-profit association comprising 47 national boards (including the UKTB) covering 71 countries worldwide. ISTQB has defined the Advanced certification as part of their ‘Certified Tester’ scheme that, with over 240,000 certifications, has become the de facto world-wide standard for software testing qualifications. The ‘Certified Tester’ scheme:
- provides a set of professional qualifications widely-recognised by employers, customers and peers;
- enables software suppliers to hire and train certified testers and thereby gain commercial advantage over their competitors by advertising their tester recruitment and development policies; and
- enables comparison of testing skills across different countries, testers to move across country borders more easily, and multi-national/international projects to have a common understanding of testing issues.
Who are iSQI?
The International Software Quality Institute was established to help bring rigour and extended discipline to the field of software engineering. Founded in 1993, iSQI is a major exam provider to ISTQB, The British Computer Society, Pearson Vue and others. People taking courses with TSG have been gained certified qualifications through our own materials and iSQI as the exam provider.
You will have 3 months access time to complete the course in your own time.