(ISC)² and the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) developed the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) credential to ensure that cloud security professionals have the required knowledge, skills, and abilities in cloud security design, implementation, architecture, operations, controls, and compliance with regulatory frameworks. A CCSP applies information security expertise to a cloud computing environment and demonstrates competence in cloud security architecture, design, operations, and service orchestration.
This professional competence is measured against a globally recognized body of knowledge. The CCSP is a standalone credential that complements and builds upon existing credentials and educational programs, including (ISC)²’s Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and CSA’s Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK).
We use courseware developed by (ISC)² –creator of the CCSP CBK –to ensure your training is relevant and up-to-date. Our instructors are verified security experts who hold the CCSP and have completed intensive training to teach (ISC)² content.
Who is it for?
Experienced cybersecurity and IT/ICT professionals who are involved in transitioning to and maintaining cloud-based solutions and services.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- A minimum of 5 years cumulative work experience in information technology, of which 3 years must be in information security and 1 year in 1 or more of the 6 domains of the CCSP CBK. Earning CSA’s CCSK certificate can be substituted for 1 year of experience in 1 or more of the 6 domains of the CCSP CBK. Earning (ISC)²’s CISSP credential can be substituted for the entire CCSP experience requirement.
- A candidate that doesn’t have the required experience to become a CCSP may become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CCSP examination. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have 6 years to earn the 5 years required experience.
- CISSP – Official (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Training (CISSP) incl. Exam
Recommended as preparation for the following exam, which you can purchase separately:
- CCSP: Certified Cloud Security Professional Exam
- Length of exam: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 125
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Passing grade: 700 out of 1000 points
Gaining this accreditation is not just about passing the exam, there are a number of other criteria that need to be met including 5 years of cumulative, paid work experience in information technology, of which 3 years must be in information security and 1 year in 1 or more of the 6 domains of the CCSP CBK. Earning CSA’s CCSK certificate can be substituted for 1 year of experience in 1 or more of the 6 domains of the CCSP CBK. Earning (ISC)²’s CISSP credential can be substituted for the entire CCSP experience requirement. Full details can be found at https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CCSP
Those without the required experience can take the exam to become an Associate of (ISC)² . The Associate of (ISC)² will then have 6 years to earn the 5 years required experience.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand legal frameworks and guidelines that affect cloud services.
- Recognize the fundamentals of data privacy regulatory/legislative mandates.
- Assess risks, vulnerability, threats, and attacks in the cloud environment.
- Evaluate the design and plan for cloud infrastructure security controls.
- Evaluate what is necessary to manage security operations.
- Understand what operational controls and standards to implemen.t
- Describe the types of cloud deployment models in the types of “as a service” cloud models currently available today.
- Identify key terminology, and associated definitions related to cloud technology.
- Establish a common terminology for use within your team or workgroup.
- Build a business case for cloud adoption and determine business units that benefit from cloud migration strategies.