BCS Foundation in Business Change
3 Days includes the Exam
About the course
This course prepares participants for the BCS Foundation in Business Change examination, which is held on the final day of the course. The examination is a one-hour, closed book multiple choice examination tests the participant's knowledge of the Foundation in Business Change syllabus. This certificate contributes to the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis, as shown below:
In addition to covering the full BCS syllabus, this course enables participants to develop SFIA skills BUAN and CIPM, level 5.
Who is it for?
The course is designed for anyone involved in bringing about business change in organisations. This includes business change managers but also practising business analysis others such as project managers who wish to gain an insight into business change.
There are no pre requisites for this course.
Yes. During this three day course you’ll receive all the training you need to prepare for the BCS Foundation in Business Change certificate multiple choice examination, which is held on the final afternoon of the course. A pass means a Foundation certificate in Business Change and that puts you one step closer to a BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
This classroom-based course provides a broad survey of the challenges, issues and opportunities involved in bringing about effective business change in organisations.
IT-enabled business change overview
- The role of IT in business change
- Four-view model of a business
- Lifecycle for business change
- Role of programme management
- Stakeholders and roles in business change
- Levels of business transformation
- Techniques for enabling business change
- Understanding the organisation and the business environment
- Strategic analysis techniques
- SWOT analysis
- Key areas for business/IT alignment
- Business architecture frameworks
- IT governance
Business improvement definition
- Principles of systemic thinking
- Gap analysis
- Content of a business case
- Options and feasibility
- Benefits classification
- Risk and impact analysis
- Investment appraisal
Business change design
- Business process improvement
- Work practice and organisational modelling
- Business information modelling and management
Business change implementation
- Planning the change implementation
- Acquiring IT solutions – procurement and development approaches
- Roles in business change implementation
- Organisational and international cultures
- Communications planning
- Approach to benefits management and realisation
- Features and benefits
- CSFs, KPIs and the balanced scorecard